What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data stored by a website on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are useful for storing data so that when you revisit a site the stored cookie data can be retrieved and reused. An example of when this often happens is if you choose to remain logged in to a website. On doing so, a cookie is stored to remember your choice of remaining logged in, so that even after you close your browser or turn off your computer you don’t have to login again when you next visit the page.
Are Cookies Dangerous?
Cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – these are cookies that are required for the regular operation of our websites. For example, some cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely, or carry out fraud detection and security checks (along with other similar things). These are essential for the website to work properly.
- Functional-these cookies will enable you to move around the site and use its features such as accessing secure areas (e.g. content for registered users). These cookies also allow us to remember your user preferences, helping you to customize your experience on our site. The information gained through the use of functional cookies is anonymous and is not used for any other purpose.
- Performance improvers- these cookies will help us understand how effective our content is, what interests our customers and to improve how our website works. This information is used for statistical purposes only and is not used to personally identify any user.
- Advertising-these cookies enable us and our advertising partners to serve ads and manage our online advertising when you visit our site and sites upon which we advertise. These cookies record your visit to our website and the content you interact with, and may also be used to manage the number of times that you see an advertisement.
We use the cookies below throughout our website. None of our cookies are used to store any personal information about you.
A very common place cookie used to pass information between pages during your visit. These cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a popular analytics platform used to record anonymous information about our site’s visitors. Collecting this information helps us to identify which areas of our site work well and which do not so that we can continue to improve our website and your experience when using it.
How can I avoid cookies?
I don’t want to be subject to cookies that generate anonymised statistics
By using the setting functionality in your browser visitors can block cookies. However, this will affect the performance of Kbeautyforarabs websites.
Visitors should follow the links below if they would like to read up on how cookies can be managed in some of the most popular browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox